Thursday, December 29, 2016

The Disciplines: a life long project. This is year 1

I started reading "The Spirit of the Disciplines" a week or two ago and it has inspired me to rekindle my relationship with God through practicing all of them. By all of them I mean the ones listed in the book "Celebration of Discipline." I'm going to catalog my experiences as I systematically practice each throughout 2017.

January 1st will be my next post as I begin practicing meditation, prayer, study and submission. The ultimate goal is that I will start, little by little with daily practice, to become transformed in the renewing of my mind into the image of Christ. There will certainly be bumps and hiccups along the way that will derail me, but I will not be moved from my resolution.

This year will be the year of the Disciplines. Anyone who wants to join me may do so by following the plan I put up in my next post. This is obviously a little bit prideful for me to post that I'm doing this on a public forum, I recognize that. But I also recognize that I need social pressure to make this idea a reality.

Thanks all

No comments: