Sunday, January 22, 2017

Week 2 and 3: Romans 11:33-36, Proverbs 3:5-6

Talk about a hectic and difficult two weeks! I did not fast 1 meal, I did not fast 2. I didn't fast at all. We did end up getting a new van, so that was good. In memorizing the last two weeks' verses I learned to focus more on God and see him as the source of everything good in my life and the source of all wisdom. He provides the correct paths to go down in every situation because he knows absolutely everything about us. "Oh the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God!" We are told to depend on him for all things down to our daily bread. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make straight your paths."

Among this and the chaos of the last two weeks I got an audible.com book that has inspired and delighted me. It's called "C.S. Lewis Essay Collection and Other Short Pieces" and it is phenomenal. He has given me a picture of God, heaven and the spiritual realm that I have never had before. A picture in which spirit is much more substantial and solid, in fact more solid than the material world. His essays and the chapters on what man is for in "The Spirit of the Disciplines" by Dallas Willard, have lain a foundation in me that was never there before. Because of this and what I see lies ahead of me, I am firmly grasping onto the words of this week's verse "Oh taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!"

I will go on gladly, experiencing with my senses, while taking refuge in his grace, knowing that he is good!

1 comment:

Gram Barb said...

I am so thrilled that you posted C.S.Lewis's Essay Collection...i am also inspired completely by this man..
Did you know Lewis was a fellow soldier with Tolkien in the world war? Tolkien modeled his strange story characters..in a comparison to the U.S.A. infantryman..quiet in personality but always at the front line when needed...i am an 81 year old (widowed twice).once newspaper correspondent with Beaver County Times, Pa.
I did 2 and half years of research for the chapter on religion for our New Twentieth Century History of Beaver County..Avid reader and now honing soley in on the Bible.
Writing by Lewis..i taught Sunday School for 33 years..love the Lord and think i have found your post for a reason..thanks for your inspiration..i enjoy what I've read..You exclaim beautifully...oh i forgot i have 26 grandchildren and 21 greats..try my best to share the Lord...i would so love them all to understand the writing relationship between Tolkien..Lewis..and our Lord..seeing your post keeps me hopeful..